Championship, Victory, Passion And Preparation!
Here is my pick of the Top 10 Tennis Quotes, which show how champions prepare themselves for games and interpret their performance.
- Being champion is all well and good, but you can’t eat a crown. – Althea Gibson
2. Being number two sucks. – Andre Agassi
3. Dreams do come true if you keep believing in yourself. Anything is possible. – Jennifer Capriati
4. Everybody loves success, but they hate successful people. – John McEnroe
5. Experience is a great advantage. The problem is that when you get the experience, you’re too damned old to do anything about it. – Jimmy Connors
6. Freed from the thoughts of winning, I instantly play better. I stop thinking, start feeling. My shots become a half-second quicker, my decisions become the product of instinct rather than logic. – Andre Agassi
7. From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life. – Arthur Ashe
8. I hate to lose more than I love to win. – Jimmy Connors
9. I just try to play tennis and don’t find excuses. You know, I just lost because I lost, not because my arm was sore. – Goran Ivanisevic
10. I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love to play. – Boris Becker